The Douglas Shire Council Resilient Coast website is moderated by Douglas Shire Council to ensure relevant non-offensive content is posted by registered users.
Whilst we value your opinions and comments, moderation enables the website to be a positive environment for all participants. The moderator screens content prior to publishing and may continue to screen content after it has been published. If your published content receives valid objection, it will be reviewed and may be removed by the moderator. At any time the moderator, at their sole discretion can remove content they view as unsuitable. In addition, a profanity filter is built into the software, disabling attempts by users to post offensive language.
Douglas Shire Council encourages participants to be thoroughly informed on the subject matter, impacts and outcomes of the content they intend to write, before posting a comment. The best way to share your view is through valuable contributions.
The following behaviour will not be tolerated:
- Disrespect for other user’s views and comments.
- Sharing of anyone’s personal information.
- Raising questions or issues unrelated to the Resilient Coast program.
- Discrimination against or being inflammatory to another user based on their gender, sexual orientation, relationship status, race, religion, culture, age or appearance.
- Posting embedded content or links to advertising, illegal or offensive information.
- Direct complaints and/or defamatory comments about any related organisation, their employers or representatives